Warm Audio WA-47jr FET Condenser Microphone w/ Video Demo
Here we have a brand new Warm Audio WA-47jr FET Condenser Microphone!
The WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic ‘47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources!
The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage design. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability that allows the most important sonic piece of the classic mic to be heard and influence the tone and signature of the WA-47jr!
The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path, when paired with this excellent true '47 style capsule, allows it to obtain a very similar tone to the classic ‘47 microphone, but at a much lower price tag. The WA-47jr utilizes the same k47 style capsule found in our flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone! The WA-47jr circuit uses high quality Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The circuit is modernized and more simple than the classic ‘47 tube microphone, but the components and circuitry are top-notch, and have a sound quality and tone that punches far above anything we’ve ever heard in this price range!
We at Warm Audio are very excited to bring this ‘47 style FET condenser microphone and classic tone to the market at such an affordable price. We feel confident that you will enjoy a lifetime of beautiful recordings with the WA-47jr!
- FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style)
- Model# WA-47-B-80v.
- Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
- Pad: -10db
- High-pass filter: 70Hz
- Self-noise: 9dBA
- Dynamic range: 138dBA
- Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors
- Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
- Equivalent Noise: 10dBA (IEC651)
- Total Weight: 1.1 lbs
- Mic Diameter: 52mm
- Mic Length: 210mm
- Includes: Shockmount, hard mount, zipper storage pouch
We Also Recommend
Tama STAR Walnut 10/12/16/22" Drum Set Kit in Indigo Japanese Sen Burst Finish
Limited Edition Gretsch 104th New York Event Exclusive Brooklyn 12/14/20" w/ Matching 14" Snare in Exotic Figured Ash Limited
Sonor Vintage Series 5.75x14" Beechwood Snare Drum in Rosewood Semi-Gloss *IN STOCK*