Mapex 5x14" Black Panther Design Lab Equinox Snare Drum
Here we have this incredibly brand new Mapex 5x14" Black Panther Design Lab Equinox Snare Drum!
The Equinox 14" Snare features a North American Maple shell, reinforcement rings and the classic styling of single-flanged hoops which evoke musical traditions and modern execution. This drum possesses the controlled articulation needed to hear the most subtle ghost notes coupled with a bright and open presence at full volume!
The harder all-Maple shell and edge reinforcement rings raise the frequency response in the 1-3 kHz range, giving this drum a clear and bright tone to cut through guitars, larger ensembles and horn bands! The SONIClear Bearing Edge is standard on all Black Panther Design Lab Shells and allows the drumhead to sit flatter and make better contact with the shell. The result is a clearer fundamental pitch, effortless and consistent tuning, and a significantly expanded tuning range!
Design Lab Snares feature Puresound Custom Series 16-Strand wires. The wires are medium-gauged evenly spaced standard coils, providing an even balance between snare response and shell sound!
The Cylinder-Drive Strainer and Butt-End Adjuster use a self-lubricating bearing to ensure smooth operation. The adjustment dial employs "micro-lock" technology that provides precise control and prevents the snare wires from loostening during play!
- 5x14" Maple Shell
- 6-ply 6mm Maple w/ 4-ply 4mm Maple Reinforcement Rings
- Dual Air Vents
- Transparent Black SAS Finish
- Chrome Hardware
- 45° SONIClear™ Batter and 35° Snare Side Bearing Edges (both with ⅜" Rounded Back-Cuts)
- 2.7mm Deep x 5.5" Width Tapered Snare Beds
- Chrome Plated Copper Alloy Single-Flange with Claws
- Puresound Custom Series 16-Strand Stainless Steel Coils with Copper End-Plates
- Remo Fiberskyn 3 Diplomat Batter & Remo Clear Ambassador Snare Side
We Also Recommend
Limited Edition Tama 10/12/14/16/22 Starclassic Walnut/Birch Drum Set Kit in Gloss Natural Tamo Ash w/ Brushed Gold Hardware